**I am reposting this one since I inadvertently broke many links while I was doing finishing touches on the text – clearly I still have some learning about wordpress to do**
I am working on a side gig at work with a colleague to centralize key resources for managers and employees and in support I was encouraged to go through the blog and cull my favourite posts from the past six years.
There is no particular formula to how these 16 posts landed on the list but they are a combo of my original writing, re-posts where I have found the source content of particular continuing value and ones where I have received feedback that the post was useful to others.
Hiring and general career info
- We always need good people– tips on finding job in the Federal Public Service
- Top five career regrets
- Three steps for getting up to speed really really fast
Being the boss
- How to react when someone disappoints
- Why your employees won’t give you feedback– why you should give upward feedback
- Ten reasons it is hard to be the boss
- Go home!
Getting work done
- We’re going to have to wrap this up (perfectionism and time management)
- There is enough to go around (scarcity versus abundance thinking)
Communications (including emotional intelligence)
- You’re rude because your boss is rude
- Pick a face (emotional intelligence and leadership)
- Easy = true (cognitive fluency)
- Taking the stress out of stressful conversations
- Dealing with a venter or overexplainer (communicating across styles)
Reviewing written work