Some powerful regrets taken from a diverse survey of workers. Food for thought.
1. I wish I hadn’t taken the job for the money.
2. I wish I had quit earlier. This referred to people who quit their jobs to pursue their passions. “Those years could have been spent working on problems that mattered to me. You can’t ever get those years back.”
3. I wish I had the confidence to start my own business. Admitted one: “My biggest regret is that I’m a ‘wantrepreneur.’ I never got to prove myself by starting something from scratch.”
4. I wish I had used my time at school more productively.
5. I wish I had acted on my career hunches.